On this day, Volunteer Blood Donor Day, Aldemar Resorts Group honors the supreme contribution of blood donors to give life to those in need by giving a little of their time and a small amount of blood. Giving blood is a life stance, an attitude of practical solidarity and creating a human chain of altruism.
The message of the celebration is not only to recognize the silent and unsung heroes who save lives by giving their blood but also to encourage as many people as possible to become regular blood donors. In addition, the day aims to eliminate prejudice, fear and ignorance around blood donation.
Aldemar Resorts Group Blood Bank
With the human being at the center of every activity and action, the Aldemar Resorts Group, established the first voluntary blood bank for first-degree relatives in 1997. Twice a year, the hotels organize a Volunteer Day to send their own resounding message of humanity and solidarity. This institution has now become an established part of the Group’s wider Social Responsibility program, aiming to further promote volunteering and strengthen the culture of employee awareness of the importance of giving back to one’s fellow human beings. The Blood Bank has been established in collaboration with local public hospitals for the benefit of employees’ staff and families. Blood is drawn at the beginning and end of the tourist season. Any employee can be a blood donor and all blood donors and their first-degree relatives are entitled to use it. Year after year, participation increases, as does the number of blood units collected. In fact, it has proved to be a lifeline for some working families at times.
Some of the details of the voluntary blood donation for the year 2021 for the Aldemar Olympian Village and Aldemar Royal Olympian hotels located in Skafidia, Ilia, are as follows:
1. The number of employees who volunteered blood: 24 employees
2. The number of blood bottles collected: 27 bottles
3. The number of people helped by the blood donation action: 4 people
For the Crete destination Aldemar Knossos Royal, for the year 2021, a voluntary blood donation was held in September. The figures are as follows:
1. The number of employees who volunteered blood: 28 employees
2. The number of blood bottles collected: 28 bottles
3. The number of people helped by the blood donation activity: 7 people
Overall for the destinations Aldemar Knossos Royal in Crete and Aldemar Olympian Village and Aldemar Royal Olympian in Ilia, for the year 2021, the figures are as follows:
1. The number of employees who volunteered blood: 52 employees
2. The number of blood bottles collected: 55 units
3. The number of people helped by the blood donation activity: 11 people
We sincerely thank all the employees who manage to donate blood and those who come to donate but do not always manage to do so.
To donate blood you need:
- Be 18-65 years old
- Have a light meal before the donation
- Get at least 5 hours of sleep
- Report any illnesses and medications you are taking to the blood donation doctor
- If you have had a tattoo, 4 months must have passed
- Blood Donation Day at Aldemar Resorts Group
As every year, Aldemar Resorts Group is organizing and implementing Blood Donation Day, where all its employees who are able and willing donate their blood for the Blood Bank.
Offers on hotel rooms delivered directly to your inbox