Aldemar takes its place on the winner’s stand as the world’s best tourist enterprise for 2006, marking a first for the Greek hospitality sector …
In a grand ceremony on the Turks & Caicos islands in the Caribbean that took place on September 20, 2006, Aldemar’s pioneer product of luxurious well-being holidays – the first product of its kind to be introduced on the Greek market by Aldemar in 1997 – was granted a prestigious award by World Travel Awards, the international tourism organization.
The First Greek Thalasso & Spa Center was voted No. 1 in the World…
In the presence of 400 high-ranking executives of the international tourism industry and with TV coverage by BBC World, Royal Mare Village & Thalasso earned the title of best hotel unit with a thalassotherapy center in the world (World’s Leading Thalasso & Spa Resort 2006).
In the same ceremony, the Olympian Village in Western Peloponnese, steady on its course to success, won Pan-European acclaim when voted the best hotel unit with a thalassotherapy center in Europe (Europe’s Leading Spa Resort 2006).
… by World Travel Awards
• The international tourism organization www.worldtravelawards.com, was established 13 years ago, is based in London and is affiliated with BBC World and World Travel Market.
• The best products in the world tourism industry are voted for by 165,000 travel agents from over 140 countries.
• This year’s Internet voting, hosted by the Organization’s website www.worldtravelawards.com – included over 3,600 nominations for all areas of international tourism – while the number of votes received exceeded 2,000,000.
• The awards have recently been described by Wall Street Journal as the “Oscars of the Tourist Industry”
• Amongst this year’s winners in the world category are: British Airways – Worlds Leading Airlines, Changi Singapore Airport World’s Leading Airport, Avis – Worlds Leading Business Car Rental, Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts, World’s Leading Hotel Brand etc.
• The award ceremony is broadcast by BBC World to over 200 countries and 245,000,000 households.
ALDEMAR …AT A GLANCE!
Aldemar is a family-owned Greek hotel chain, which changed the mentality of the Greek Tourism Industry, setting trends for new products and destinations.
5.500-bed capacity and 1.800 staff members
3 destinations: Crete, Rhodes & West Peloponnese
7 Hotels (5-stars & 4-stars)
3 Conference Centres
2 Thalasso & Spa Centres.
… and dates
June 1997: A Spa Is Born…With the opening of Royal Mare Thalasso, the first Thalasso & Spa Centre in Greece, Aldemar sets the standards for the Greek wellness market.
June 1999: Let’s Go West… Peloponnese. The birth place of the Olympic Games becomes the new Greek Aldemar destination, with the creation of the exclusive Olympian Village*****.
May 2000: Royal Mare Thalasso is listed amongst Europe’s 10 best spas in the Paris Match Magazine.
July 2004: Royal Olympian Spa & Thalasso, the second Aldemar Spa, has been created in the luxurious surroundings of the Aldemar Olympian Village ***** in West Peloponnese.
December 2004: Royal Mare Thalasso wins its first World Travel Award in the category Greece’s Leading Spa Resort 2004.
February 2005: Royal Mare Thalasso is listed as one of the 10 top European Hotel Spas by the Readers of the travel bible, Condé Nast Traveller, in the Readers’ Spa Awards.
November 2005: Royal Mare Thalasso on Crete is honoured with its second World Travel Award as Europe’s Leading Spa Resort.
November 2005: Royal Olympian Spa & Thalasso in the Peloponnese wins the World Travel Award for Greece’s Leading Spa Resort after a very successful second season.
September 2006: Royal Mare Thalasso concurs the top of the world by wining the title word Leading Spa & Thalasso Resort 2006
September 2006: Royal Olympian Spa & Thalasso becomes the best hotel chain Europes’ by wining the World Travel Award for Europe’s Leading Spa Resort.